Happy Tips Tuesday and Happy (almost) Father’s Day to all the amazing dads who love our couples deeper than anyone.
Dads play such a unique role in a wedding, as they celebrate in front of friends and family a milestone which 20+ years of love, support, and molding have brought you to! It can be so easy to overlook this special person on this day so we wanted to explore some fun ways to honor and shout-out your papas for the years of rides to soccer, failed braiding attempts, and pride he feels watching you declare your love for another.
1. Father/Daughter Dance: Spice up this tradition with a throwback song, a song he used to sing to you when you were little, or honor his favorite dance style by choreographing something special!
2. Father/Daughter First Look: First looks aren’t just for the couple! This is a special way to have an intimate moment with your father as he gets to take in all the beauty and wisdom that his little boy or girl has grown into.
3. Give him a part in the day: Either in the ceremony itself or during the reception time, invite your father to do a reading, bless the food, or welcome guests. Allow him the space to celebrate and share his thoughts about what you and his new son or daughter mean to him!
4. Wear something of his: This is an extra special way to honor your father. Consider something of his as your “something old”! Wrap your bouquet in his tie, use his handkerchief to catch your tears during the ceremony, sew in a patch of his favorite flannel underneath your dress. Wear him close to your heart.
5. Plan a special day for the two of you: As wedding day draws closer it can be easy to put spending time with family at the bottom of the list. Since most fathers aren’t involved with things like bridal showers or dress fittings plan a special meal or day for some one-on-one time! There is nothing daddios love more.
6. Invite him to whatever you want: Break traditions! Have your dad at any and all meetings...there is no rule that says moms and brides only! Let him try some cake, get his opinion on dresses, run the playlist by him and see if you forgot any classics! (Seriously though, invite him to tastings, there is nothing dads love more than free food!)
Consider any of these ideas to honor your father in the weeks leading up to your wedding and on the actual day. Talk to your planner for some more ideas to recognize the special people that have guided and loved you to the place you are in today! And from the bottom of our hearts, thanks Dads! We wouldn’t be the kick-ass people we are today without your support.