It is pretty, it is grand and it is truly so fun and yes, it makes for a fantastic photo op. But that is where my love of the sparkler exit ends. However, here are a few reasons you may want to consider rethinking your sparkler exit…
1. drunk people + fire…enough said?
2. trying to organize said drunk people with fire into some sort of lines
3. and then trying to organize drunk people with fire to dispose of sparklers properly
4. many DC area venue are historic and will still allow you to use sparklers as long as you are not on the steps, etc. Unfortunately I have still seen a sparkler put out on historic steps before I could stop it and clients have had to pay.
5. you didn’t contract your photographer to stay the entire to and therefore they won’t even be there to capture the sparkler exit
6. what in the world do you do with extra, 3 ft long sparklers?
Whatever you decide to do, sparklers or not, grand exit or not, just think it through and have a planner to execute it.