I am super excited to welcome Events to a T’s newest intern Lindsey Brooks. Another American University grad (that school has send us some great interns). Lindsey is going to to blogging and working on our social media and communications. Yay! She has already started working and is getting my social media presence into shape (thank goodness). I am thrilled to have Lindsey on board, please start liking and pinning and retweeting all of her work!
Hi! My name is Lindsey and I am an aspiring event planner originally from outside of Chicago, IL. I attended American University and graduated in 2014 with a degree in legal studies. After graduation, I took a year off to prepare for law school, but during that time my desire to become a lawyer eventually became nonexistent. I had no clue what to do besides to continue on with preparing for law school and trying to make the best of it. However, during my free time I found joy in planning family events. Whether it was a baby shower or a holiday party, I was always the go to planner. After hearing people tell me how great the events were and realizing how happy I was planning them, I decided to set my LSAT books aside and focus on becoming a full time event planner. In my quest to achieve my dream career, I am honored to be blogging for Events to a T and I look forward to sharing my posts about event planning with you.
Events to a T is hiring a social media intern. This person will be responsible for writing blog posts and keeping all of our social media sites updated. Must have a love of the events/wedding industry, knowledge of wordpress and social media sites. Please send a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
em for marvelous
It is pretty, it is grand and it is truly so fun and yes, it makes for a fantastic photo op. But that is where my love of the sparkler exit ends. However, here are a few reasons you may want to consider rethinking your sparkler exit…
1. drunk people + fire…enough said?
2. trying to organize said drunk people with fire into some sort of lines
3. and then trying to organize drunk people with fire to dispose of sparklers properly
4. many DC area venue are historic and will still allow you to use sparklers as long as you are not on the steps, etc. Unfortunately I have still seen a sparkler put out on historic steps before I could stop it and clients have had to pay.
5. you didn’t contract your photographer to stay the entire to and therefore they won’t even be there to capture the sparkler exit
6. what in the world do you do with extra, 3 ft long sparklers?
Whatever you decide to do, sparklers or not, grand exit or not, just think it through and have a planner to execute it.
Something blue and sparkly
Style Me Pretty
All that glitters is gold
Style Me Pretty
Chevron Shoes! Sophia Webster Mila Suede Peeptoe Cutout Bootie $735
Candy Colored Cuteness! Sophia Webster JoJo T-Strap Ankle Wrap Sandal
Bootyliscious – Brian Atwood Ladosa Snakeskin Laceup Sandal
Love the color combo – Brian Atwood