September 25, 2010
September 18, 2011
It is pretty, it is grand and it is truly so fun and yes, it makes for a fantastic photo op. But that is where my love of the sparkler exit ends. However, here are a few reasons you may want to consider rethinking your sparkler exit…
1. drunk people + fire…enough said?
2. trying to organize said drunk people with fire into some sort of lines
3. and then trying to organize drunk people with fire to dispose of sparklers properly
4. many DC area venue are historic and will still allow you to use sparklers as long as you are not on the steps, etc. Unfortunately I have still seen a sparkler put out on historic steps before I could stop it and clients have had to pay.
5. you didn’t contract your photographer to stay the entire to and therefore they won’t even be there to capture the sparkler exit
6. what in the world do you do with extra, 3 ft long sparklers?
Whatever you decide to do, sparklers or not, grand exit or not, just think it through and have a planner to execute it.
Black and White Bows – Moschino Bow Detail Sandals $695
September 15, 2012
I’m super excited that we’re moving closer to autumn, partly because I just love the wonderful fragrance of apples, pumpkin and cinnamon punctuated by the newfound crispness in the air and partly because of the deep, rich colors available to create stunning color combinations such as these:
And now, without further ado, let the scent of warm apples and spicy cinnamon permeate the air with this Snow White-inspired wedding!
Apples and cinnamon don’t just make great decorations; they’re also delicious ingredients in food and drink:
And lastly, I leave you with this lovely arbor for your ceremony:
September 8, 2012
Something blue and sparkly
September 08, 2012
September 1, 2012